There are many ways to get creative with throw pillows! You can use colors, sizes, textures, and placement for a unique look.
Use complementary colors or color schemes to make your throw pillows pop and stand out from the other elements in the room. For example, if the walls are a neutral beige, you can add some color with a burnt orange and deep blue throw pillow combo.
You can also use color designs such as striped, polka dot, or animal print throw pillows if you want to add some extra personality to the room!
Use different sizes of throw pillows together for a stimulating effect. For example, you can pair a small lumbar pillow with two square throw pillows of the same color. If you want to create a symmetrical look, pair two lumbar throw pillows of the same size but with different colors.
Mixing different textures is also a great way to add dimension and depth to a room. You can combine smooth fabrics such as velvet or suede with knitted or woven materials to create an eye-catching design.
The placement of your throw pillows can also make a big difference in the overall look and feel of a room. For example, you can place two throw pillows in the center of your couch to create a modern look or opt for an eclectic vibe by placing them in different areas of the room.
Decorative Tips & Tricks
If you need ideas on how to decorate with throw pillows, here are a few suggestions:
- If you want a bolder look, layer two different colors of throw pillows on top of each other.
- Try mixing throw pillows with other decorative elements, like rugs or wall art, to create a sense of cohesiveness in the space.
- Mix different colors and patterns of throw pillows to create visual interest.
- Place small decorative pillows on a larger throw pillow or two for a luxurious look.
- Place the pillows on furniture in an odd number of three, five, or seven for a balanced look.
- Experiment with different shapes, such as rectangular, round, or square throw pillows.