The Great Debate: Down feather vs. Foam Pillow Inserts
If you’re shopping for new throw pillows to elevate any room in your home – you may be wondering what the difference is between down-feather inserts and poly-foam inserts. Smithy Home Couture is here to tell you what experienced designers and interior decorators know to be true.
If you’re allergic to feather down, read no further – poly foam is the only way to go for you.
Pity, because down-feather inserts are what home-décor experts will recommend, hands down. Here’s why…
1. Down-feather pillow inserts hold their shape better than foam inserts and offer a luxurious, full look and feel. With proper care, they will fluff and look plump for years – unlike foam pillows which flatten and degrade over time. Pro tip: For even more fullness, pillow inserts should be 1″ to 2″ inches larger than the pillow cover.
2. You can create “cat ears” the oh-so-elegant look that’s trending now. Simply do a little “karate chop” in the center of the pillow to create this fashionable indentation. Foam pillows will bounce right back into shape and won’t hold the cat-ear shape.
3. Down-feather inserts are machine washable, so you can keep them looking fresh – and smelling fresh – for years to come. And you can change out the inserts over and over to create looks!
4. Our down-feather inserts come with a 100% feather-proof cover, so you won’t see feathers poking through your beautiful throw pillows – or get poked in the back by a sharp feather.
5. For the highest quality at affordable prices, our down-feather inserts are composed of 95% down-feather and 5% cotton down alternative.
6. You can take pride in the fact that these gorgeous, comfortable inserts were made locally, here in the USA.
Shop now to find the preferred pillow inserts that will beautify your home – down-feather inserts.